1) Decide upon an issue, lie, or unknown fact to tell the public about. You can also choose the date, time, and location of your curbside actions, or post your proposals through message boards, Meetups, emails, tweets, or texts.
2) Create the text for your three main signs. You can copy and paste from miniprotests.com suggestions page if you like. Type your main sign inscriptions into your computer, expanding your margins to the full width of the document in portrait mode. They should be in Arial, with lines spaced about 1.5 apart. The less text for each individual sign, the larger the font can be.
3) Announce your miniprotests via above modes of social media. Use the number of RSVPs to determine the number of protest strings you'll be manning.
4) Email the main sign inscription set to your local FedEx Office store (formerly Kinko's) and have them print out your main signs on their 36" roll paper, enlarged to take up as much width as possible, usually about 400% of original size. Duplicate for each protest string, or make alternate main sign inscription sets as well.
5) Buy 30" x 40" foam core poster board (1/4" thick or so) in multiples of three, and flat poster board for complimentary signs. Handles can be obtained from Lowe's, and paint stirring sticks are usually free.
6) Cut rectangular hand holds near top of each main sign
7) Affix your messages using white thumb tacks, further secured by putting clear tape over the thumb tacks.
8) Distribute main and complimentary signs at locations. Have all 12 in each protest string meet at same spot. Make sure a member of each miniprotest group has the cell number of a member from each of the other two groups. That way you can cover each others' backs.
9) Present your message proudly. Change your town for the better.
Slogans that gain shelf life through miniprotesting
A catchy phrase has more staying power when it has substance to back it up. After Donny Dittohead is bombarded by the truth, he will finally realize just how much he’s been duped, used, and looked down on by the GOP. He’ll see their true elitism, their tools of manipulation, and their corporate alliances.
And we can make that happen when slogans like these are substantiated by the two main signs along a protest string that lead to them:
“Today’s GOP Extending Bush’s Main Goal: No CEO Left Behind”
“Today’s GOP: Putting America on the FAST TRACK to MEDIOCRITY”
“Walker and other GOP Activist Governors Will be FTRs: Final Term Republicans”
“GOP Only Out for CEOs Not Average Joes”
“GOP Only Cares for Millionaires”
“[representative]: Classic GOP Integrity Deficiency”
“GOP Policies Take From the Needy and Give to the Greedy”
“Shameless Hypocrisy = Failed Integrity Throughout GOP”
“Today’s GOP is NOT Conservative, They Are CORPservative”
“Take Away GOP Rhetoric on Guns, God, and Gays, And What HaveThey Done For You?”
“If GOP Loves America Why Do They Loathe Average Americans?”
“GOP-Controlled House Has Not Passed ONE Bill to Create Jobs”
“Would True Christians Dump the Golden Rule to Embrace ‘For Gold We Drool?’”